Friday, December 25, 2009

45*21

I take my scabbard from it's ornate holder
and stick it through the elevator doors
all the ladies scream
and some little boys too
I am one of the little boys
and I too know not how to surf
but as a kid I skated
rolled a quarter pipe across town
and mastered the cess slide
it kept my parents daytime nightmares
from falling into that well manicured lawn state
the gnarled trees where senator squirrels
watched junior squirrels dodge rapid cars
Adrian brought his electric prongs
& before it would storm the hot worms
danced from soggy earth into tiny greedy fingers
grandad was a worm farmer among other things
grand tinkerer while chicken rambled about
a barnyard of many unused buildings
the rabid coyote shot dead by the sheriff
when the paramedics left they left a stain

No comments: