Sunday, January 24, 2010

45*21

Jeremy & I are in Vermont driving home after a show
he say's "Can you drive me to Upstate New York,
I want to para-sail home."
I was surprised, to say the least
"You para-sail? I thought you were afraid of heights."
"Oh no, not at all. I've been para-sailing since I was 12.
Last week, Crystal, you know Crystal? She fell asleep
up there and somehow made it home ok."
I dropped him off and we pulled a big bag out of the back
It looked like a soft cargo carrier
He smiled and waved good-bye walking off toward a plane.
I headed off to hang out with some genius rednecks
When I arrived at their shack, they were just landing
their helicopters. Their mother was out back
hanging clothes out on the line. She smiled
waved at them and waved at me.
She asked if I was staying for dinner
The boys came over. They had rocket launchers
under an arm. One of them lifted it above the trees
sent a saucer up and out in to the sunset
he laughed hard & said he was going in to watch some TV

No comments: