Thursday, October 23, 2014

Dark Barn

there's always the potential for holes to present themselves
the halves are present/we have sown this together with breath
so if I ever leave you it is but a flake on a mirror
the radio gets a little untuned and shuddering at frequencies
of a not known future/glance back in the glue transparency

she became a little unrattled which was nice
blue smoke parted from a scarred reflection
sitting is not always an option/standing a privilege
we put on our coats to leave/ reminiscent of smoke
the partial head of the shadow dancing in flame

tomorrow I will come here again and look over
vast possibilities in the deep green grass
summer slowly seeping out of veins/ winter voices
she brought the duck to the farmer today
she was fluffy not hard and hollow as I thought

the dancing at sunset/minus a specular nothing
we turn in again and again all woolen and forgetting
was it I who told me to look before I made the mistake
getting a little grizzled and sometimes with withdrawn
the solid wood smell/that is/a longing for a trip

when I visited them it was hard to relax from excitement
couldn't adjust what was inside to fit what was on the outside
and looking in as if I was outside the house
the textured air/presence of something else
stepping down to walk up into your light

No comments: