Monday, December 17, 2007

Twin Suicides

when I think of two lovers, but like twin souls, committing suicide, and in "A Star Is Born" (the original) fashion, it brings me to that old notion about society suiciding people. Artaud wrote about it in terms of Van Gogh & I'm sure everybody thinks this is some brand of silliness, but I do believe it happens. These powers that be are fierce as anything we might really pin down as reality & the closer you get to the source the closer you are to its danger. By the source, I mean that place where instinct science and art merge. There are so many things at play when you draw near to the truth & people might grow paranoid, but I happen to believe paranoia unravels into truth at times, and sometimes at the end of the rope. If you come close you are often pressed to be an outsider & if you are on the inside you have to hide. I don't know if she was paranoid but her blog is worth a look.

http://theresalduncan.typepad.com/witostaircase/art/index.html

No comments: